Will....and 4.7 problems..long

From: Casey Aldridge (caldridge@qwest.net)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 20:59:05 EST

OK ok....I dont want to sound like an ass or anything....but just hear me
out.
Take your truck...and for one week...make every upshift at 3500 or more,
everywhere you go..
thats only mid band on the throttle..it wont hurt the truck at all,
furthermore...once a day,
either going to work or coming home..doesnt matter when..just do it once a
day...take the truck
through the gears...say for instance at a stoplight...launch the truck easy
and then up shift at
5200 rpm all the way through 4th. Do this every day for a week...If your
truck isn't running cooler
and smoother and getting better gas mileage by the end of the week..then
there is something wrong.
I beat the hell out of my truck...redline every day going to work and coming
home...on a pushrod motor
that wasnt designed for high rpm running....I havent had any problems..your
motor was designed to spin,
thats what OHC is all about...my mom has a 94 Chrysler LHS, 3.5l 24v
v6...this thing redlines at 6500.
I drive it every once in a while and take thru the gears (well as much as
you can with an auto) and its
got 90K on it. My friend works at an auto shop, he graduated from UTI with
auto and diesel technologies
and is ASE certified. He said that are many instance where people bring in
vehicle with the same
"problems" as you are experiencing. Most of the time, more than not, they
are because of the vehicle
not being driven. He tells the techs to go out and drive the car...and drive
it hard..and it clears up the
problem. Im not trying to rag on you..I just want to help...DRIVE THE
TRUCK!!!!
GOOD LUCK
"Drive it like you stole it"

Casey Aldridge