Re: Terry Delong says the IAT mod won't work??

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 21:17:40 EST

In a message dated 2/27/01 5:06:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG writes:

<<
 All sensors are active, even at WOT. They provide input to the controller
for fuel and ignition map lookups. Cells
 selected (after mods have been made) could be spot on or could be off. What
needs to be done is the engine
 needs to be run with a wide-band O2 sensor looking at the exhaust. Generally
a re-map of the fuel and ignition
 maps is the cleanest way to adjust to the needs of the engine. There is no
magical formula for any of the sensors,
 try changes and do a run, see what you get.

  Agreed. My new heads,4 barrel t-body, and long tube headers are going on
shortly. I'll be visiting the dyno with a wide band. I plan to tweak fuel
press, swap between 30lb and 36lb injectors, and play with Bernd's adjustable
IAT. I plan on spending a couple of hours on the dyno. Hopefully, I'll have a
lot of good, hard data to share with you guys on dyno #s and how all these
changes effect air/fuel at idle, part throttle, and WOT.
Tom