Re: Question for Will and "the truck"

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 22:48:48 EST

In a message dated 2/27/01 4:59:54 PM Central Standard Time,
jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

<< I couldn't find the dyno post in the archives for some reason but here
is the
 text from it:

 ABeerCan@aol.com wrote in <b8.1078391c.27936954@aol.com>:
>Ok, I just now got around to e-mailing the list. I spent yesterday at
>the speed shop installing and tuning the NOS system. After much trial
>and error, We ended up with 724.3 hp @ 5800rpm / 796.3 lb/ft tq@4100!!!!
> Just wish it would quit drizzling so I could enjoy this new
>power!!!!!!!! Well, gonna run see if I can find a dry spot to finish
>off these M/T's!!
>
>Will
>96 Paxton huffed 408 Dakota >>

Now, before everyone gets uptight and says that ain't so, I snuck in a few
changes since this was posted. hehehehehe I am good at doing that. For the
initial break in period, I ran an oversized pulley to slow the supercharger
down and keep the boost limited so I wouldn't be temped to show off and blow
this mug sky high. After the initial 5,000 mile break in period, I slipped
on a smaller pulley (boost went up by 3.5 lbs), I also got a set of jets that
can vary the NOS kit by as much as +250 hp or -100 hp from the original kit.
I also went back and had the a/f ratio tested through out the rpm band and
the new programed comp adjusted just fine. Also, we (my machinist and I)
have done some tweaking here and there to the chasis to stiffen it up some,
but not enough. We are in the process of measuring and cutting some sheet
steel to fully box the frame. Oh yeah, for those wondering, the weight of
the truck is 3,870 lbs with me in it and a full tank of gas. Like I said, we
have been tweaking, hehehehe (not gonna give any secrets there!). I've even
got a few more tricks up my sleeve. hehehehe Not gonna tell, but it involves
fiberglass and aluminum. hehehehe

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"