Re: Re: TechStuff/Will/Starkville

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 01:27:39 EST

<< I've personally raced at the
 1/8th mile one in Columbus (what a piece of shit track) - almost went home
with
 a bullet hole in ME that day and did wind up in the emergency room in Memphis
 the next day due to toxic poisening for breathing the air around the track.
You
 must be going back south towards J-town. >>

Oh yeah, the Columbus track sucks big time!! I head down 25 and across some
back roads to Lena, MS. They used to kinda sucky, but in the past 7 years
they have really improved their place. Used to the pits were gravel with
only two 110 hookups per person. Now it is all concrete with 6 110v and 2
220v hook ups. They have also gotten NHRA approved barriers along the track
and a nice tree with great traps also. We may be up in the Memphis area this
weekend. The wifey has some kind of College Choir tryouts or something. I
personally plan on a trip to Bass Pro Shops. d;o) If we come up that way,
I'll let ya know and we can meet somewhere for lunch Saturday as we have to
be back by Saturday night. I have a grudge race against a ricer boy who
thinks his RX-7 is bad stuff. $500 on that race, but I ain't skeered!!

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"