Re: What controls ilde quality?

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 01:32:05 EST

<< How about a vacuum leak, would/could this
 cause high idle? The MAP Sensor is brand new, and was showing great specs
 when I last scanned the computer. >>

Kyle,
On my friends 97 Dakota, we finally (after much $$ and alcohol) found his
problem. The little L shaped tube leading from the MAP to the tb base had a
hairline crack in it. He found it while I was taking his tb off so we could
clean it and check his belly pan gasket. Replaced that and it is doing fine
now. Been doing good for a while, not sure how long though. Just something
cheap (under $1) and easy to check!

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"