Re: Security system question

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 16:39:51 EST

andylevy@bigfoot.com (Andy Levy) wrote in <3A9D5745.5119265@bigfoot.com>:

>I need to get past tax season first. I owe the IRS the amount I thought
>I would get refunded. Then I have to figure out where, in the grand
>scheme of things, I want to get the alarm. I was going to stick with
>performance-oriented stuff for a few more months, but the alarm may be
>worthile to protect my future investments.
>
>Gonna get a remote start with the alarm. Them Syracuse winter mornings
>(and evenings) is cold!

  Andy,

  Dester can sell you a Viper 550UF for $150, plus $5 shipping. (great
price!) I installed one in my Dak, another in my Ram. That'll give you an
alarm with door triggers, a hood trigger, 2 stage shock sensor, and remote
start. I also figured out a way to use a couple of relays to allow the
keyless entry and automatic door lock feature to work with the Dodge door
lock switches. I'd be happy to help you install it at my shop, just two
catches though. 1- by not having it installed by a certified DEI installer
the "we'll pay you X dollars if your vehicle is stolen" warranty is void,
and 2- figure on 5-10 hours of solid wrenchin'. (Its not difficult, just
time consuming.) Maybe a good time to throw a cat-back on too? ;-)

TTYL!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ----- -. | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 | `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ --- -'