Re: Air-Fuel Ratio Monitors

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 19:02:51 EST

> My son installed the AutoMeter one in the Dak. Use the FSM to locate the
> wire from the forward O2 sensor and tap into it. The
power/ground/backlight
> wires hookup instructions for the gauge itself are included. I have had
> no driveability problems due to this addon. Let me know if you need
> more details and I'll get them to you.

Bob,
I would appreciate any and all info you could send my way concerning how he
hooked it up. It is good to know that the wire installation/hookup wires and
instructions came with the monitor(with your son's atleast). I have gathered
a list of like 15 different gauges/motitors. I assume all do basically the
same things, it will just come down to how much I want to spend and how
fancy/plain I want the monitor to look. I think I still end up going one
made from a better known company, like Auto Meter. I figured the
installation of one of these couldnt be that hard, but I will take whatever
info you can send my way so I dont screw things up. Thanks again Bob,
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6