re:Subject: Really Po-boy air intake (idea)

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 02:02:34 EST

major snip>
>And why these type of
>intake systems do not come standard on vehicles.

Aaron,

I recently read an article on the new Ford Mustang "R", where they were
ranting about how loud the intake was, and they couldn't believe it made
production.

I'm going to take a wild guess and figure that some yahoo at corporate level
gets paid to measure interior noise db's. This same yahoo doesn't
appreciate the cool noises that all of us DML members live for..
the hissing from gulping huge amounts of air, and the deep groan from the
engine as it puts on the power.

These noises interfere with cell phone conversations/makeup
application/reading a book/driving 80 mph with the donut spare on/ being
held by the soccer moms in the
Durango/Explorer/Tahoe/Honda/Toyota/Suzuki/Kia~cute ute!

Sorry I can't help ya with your airbox mod... the "mother ship" landed on my
TB. (14" K+N open element)

Just my 1/2 cent worth,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport