Re: Re: R&D Performance Throttle Bodies... It wasnt me!!

From: RDPerform@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 23:37:58 EST

<< Just as a clarification...
 I wasnt the one crumming on Patricks TBs! I have seen them and the machine
 work was fine! >>

They are jewels :)

<< The one I saw was an early unit and the plates did wiggle a
bit... >>

Right - that was a prototype unit , and that was the problem I was
mentioning. That's all fixed out. "Competition" says we warp the shafts by
doing this, but the tig welding process is just as precision as the unit
itself. What one doesn't reallize is that even if the hafts were out 1-2
thousands of an inch, it would bind up! Sounds like "competition" (not you)
is trying to get money from pocket A to pocket B.

I always liked the compliments you guys gave me - you folks know good
machining when you see it :-)

<< As a clarification, we cut our plates from 6061-T6
aluminum and angle cut the edges (It just wont work right without doing that
IMO...) >>

Exactly. We make ours from stainless to make them thinner, just like the
shafts. The blades have to be matched to the bores. They don't sit in there
flat, they sit at an angle.

,<< Our goal is to do everything the factory does and then a lot
more...Im not shilling here, but I just wanted to clear up the situation a
bit.... I agree with Patrick on his 52 vs 50mm assessment... >>

Same here .....

I have pictures ...

stock bore; http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/stkbore.jpg

new bore; http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/stage1b.jpg

side by side; http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/sideby.jpg

stainless steel shaft and blades , note the bore in the blades that allows
the flathead screws to be sunk into the shaft & blade (which is now one
smooth assembly.)

http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/ssshaft.jpg

ttyl
Patrick