Re: RE: Stock Injector Servicing

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 00:40:15 EST

Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> <snip>

> bought sensor. The current one basically has about 36,000 miles on it. I
> thought about the 02 sensor possibly giving the puter fautly readings and
> thsu causing my truck to run rich, but the scanner I used showed the 02
> sensor to be within 'specs.' On my truck, I only have one sensor, which is
> located upstream(before the cat). Whatcha think? Replace it?

Why guess? The "shotgun approach" is not the right way to go. Buy a guage and
KNOW whats going on. Concentrate on learning the strategy of the PCM
designers. You don't have to reverse engineer the darn thing - just watch the
goings on w/your motor all the time by watching gauges under all conditions and
after a few years of this (exaggeration? you decide) - you will be in tune
w/whats going on. Worked for me!

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"