Re: Exhaust question for V6

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 08:09:53 EST

I did too,when i replaced my factory muffler,but i didnt lose that much.I
really like what the Dynomax does for my Dakota.

If you go the route of taking off the stock muffler,DONT throw it away..it
is Stainless Steel! (i am saving mine)

ALso,the Dynomax Super Turbo,has a Lifetime Warranty.

You also should get rid of the restrictive air box.Put on a K&N system,or a
"Home Brew" Intake kit like i did

>From: Alex Harris <jetcity@swbell.net>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: Re: DML: Exhaust question for V6
>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:11:28 -0600
>
>Hey, Jason!
>
>I, being one of those on a budget, took the route Bernd suggests here and
>simply cut in the Flowmaster 50-Series Delta Flow to my stock pipe. I did
>lose some low end, which seems natural when you get rid of the flow
>restrictions caused by the stocker, but it really freed up the engine over
>3000 RPM!
>
>Even losing some low-end I think it was a great mod, the power gain was
>quite noticeable overall and I especially love it for the highway. I plan
>compensate for the low-end by changing my rear gears from 3.21 to 3.55 or
>3.92, as I do like my peppy launches! If you have the 3.55 gears, you're
>already better off than I am...
>
>Good luck,
>
>- Alex
>'00 RC SLT V6 5-Speed
>Profile: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/SxokV7hSrtCVk
>
> > From: bernd@texas.net
> >
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > If you're on a budget, you can just replace the factory muffler with
>either a
> > Dynomax or Flowmaster for better performance while retaining your 2.5"
>factory
> > exhaust system.
> >
> > You can also run a Single 2.5" IN / 2.5" Dual Out for that "Dual
>Exhaust" look
> > without any loss in performance. Be careful when running with the 3"
>pipe
> > systems...you may lose some bottom end performance (with a gain at the
>top end
> > though).
> >
> > - Bernd

>exhaust on
>want
>and

David Digney
President-Wisconsin Chapter of the DML
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
SCWD Model Contest Chairman(South Central Wisconsin Division)
00'QC,SLT+,3.9,42RE,3.55,
K&N Home-Brew,Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30

"My Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Kicks Ass...Magnum Power!"