Re: BAD CATS WAS:Re: Catalytic convertor!

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 08:38:00 EST

In a message dated 02/28/2001 11:15:05 PM EST, ustow@ptd.net writes:

> dfI see cars down by 2/3 or more. It is a restriction. The engine is working
> just to push the exhaust through. Sometimes the car gets so bad it will
only
> go up a hill 10 or 20 mi that it sholdh do at 60. I have sen them to the
> point the car will not run or even start. Sometimes they turn over funney
> because they can't even draw air in the intake because the cyl still is
full
> because it can't exhaust it.
Do you think you would feel a decrease of pressure from the tail pipe?
I used to hear that you would smell rotten egg, is this still the case?
P. S. Mine doesn't smell. Just no power above 40. It just starts bucking
and won't take the gas. It will slow down till it dies. Restart get to 40
and start bucking. I am even leaning towards TPS. Comments?