Modifing pulses and analog signals to the PCM

From: WOT or waiting at a Red (dakatack@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 11:54:45 EST

I've been reading all the post, current and archive, to try to understand
the PCM in my Dak better. The reason I am interested is I have been
considering the possibility of using a small PLC (programmable logic
controller) to interface key sensors to the PCM. Coupled with a simple OI
(operator interface) you could take the incoming signals, buffer them (read
change them) and send them on there way to the PCM.

This would allow real time in the cab tweaks!

I need to make a list of the sensors that would be desirable for this to
work on. Also need the parameters of the sensors outputs, voltage,
frequency, resistance, what ever that sensor does.

A simple PLC and OI with programming software would be in the neighborhood
of $350.00. Could be tons of fun. Anyone interested in helping me collect
the data and determine the variables and limits?

My interest is in the 4.7L but once this is done, the process would directly
translate to other PCM controlled Daks.

Patrick O'Day
2000 Dakota 4x4, 4.7L, CC
Ztube w/9 inch big mouth filter