RE: maint reqd light

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 14:06:04 EST

Hey Wes!

The EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve will bring that light on also.
While standing at the passenger fender, is on top of the engine and rear of
the throttle body. There are two bolts that secure it (M13's?). I've had to
do the same thing on my '92 (3.9L though) and it's a fairly simple
procedure. I tried to go to the discount auto parts store (Murray's) and it
didn't fit. We have an electronic version that they did not carry. If I
remember right, it's around $100.

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 250,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!