Re: Modifing pulses and analog signals to the PCM

From: WOT or waiting at a Red (dakatack@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 15:54:23 EST

My intent here to produce an inexpensive tool for tweaking the signals from
the sensors before they are read by the PCM. The sensors are themselves not
mapped, as you know the mapping occurs in a data table residing in the PCM.
I would love to interface with the PCM directly but I do not know anything
about it's communication protocol.

I've considered reading the EPROM's and attempting to get some useful data
in a binary format. On a few projects I've found ASCII text in with the data
that gave me some clues to what the EPROM's data was doing.

With regard to speed, I haven't got a clue how fast I will need to scan the
IO but I do have access to the fasted PLCs made. I can write code in C++
and run a multi-tasking mutli-threaded application in the PLC and interface
through high speed IO designed for Data logging. This PLC can run up to 256
PID loops with out affecting scan time. Scan times for 1000 lines of code
are way under 1ms.

Thanks for the link. That will help me get started.

Patrick O'Day