Re: Engine cutting out update

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 17:32:13 EST

Hi, Tony

At 10:42 AM 3/1/01 -0800, you wrote:
>As I mentioned in my previous pst I've been having trouble with my engine
>cutting out while at cruising speeds (hwy). Ive also been having trouble
>with my 02 sensor. At least the light keeps coming on and when I check the
>codes it says (21) O2 sensor problem. Sorry to sound so underinformed but
>would the o2 sensor be causing the engine cut-out or could they both be
>symptoms of a larger problem?? Thanks! Tony J Mastres

Since your engine shutoff happens intermittently and you've got a code
21 set, the ground for the O2 sensor may have be at fault (loose connection,
break in wire?). This would result in the PCM not getting any signal from
the O2 sensor during cruise (closed loop) and cause the PCM to shut
down the fuel delivery. Something to troubleshoot anyways.

Hope this helps. Let us know how things work out.
Good luck.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG