Re: Update to Future Models from DC

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 21:42:23 EST

Wish they would can the damned 3.7 V6
There is a saying,"if it aint broke...dont fix it"

This refers to the mighty Magnum 3.9 V6!!

>From: Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil>
>To: "'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'" <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>Subject: DML: Update to Future Models from DC
>Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:03:32 -0800
>
>Note: I've been receiving tons of mail from readers wondering
> how Mr. Zetsche's turnaround plan will affect various
>future
> products. He stated that there will be no reduction of
> investment in future product development. However, both
>the
> timing and direction of Chrysler's future product plans
>are
> being tweaked. In the next few columns I'll be updating
>you
> on those plans.
>
> Last year Buzz Watch broke the story that Dodge is
> developing a medium duty truck codenamed DC. Before I
> fill you in on the latest Buzz regarding this new truck
>let
>me
> get you up to date on what's coming down the pike for the
> all new Dodge Ram (DR).
>
> One thing that does not come across in the studio shots
>of
> the new Ram is just how big and brawny this truck is. The
> picture above, from the Canadian International Auto Show,
> gives a better idea of the scale of this big truck
>(that's
>DC
> Canada's CEO Ed Brust standing next to).
>
> As previously reported, when the 2002 Ram debuts late
>this
> summer it will only be offered as a half ton (1500). The
>new
> truck will only be available as a quad cab or regular cab
>for
> 2002. In 2003 Dodge will launch the three quarter and one
> ton versions of the truck (2500/3500), club cabs will
>also
> become available throughout the line-up. While 4x4 Ram
> 1500's will have an independent front suspension, 4x4 Ram
> 2500 and 3500 trucks will have solid axles.
>
> Diesel equipped Rams will also be added to the mix for
> model year 2003 (in 2500/3500 models only). One of my Ace
> Buzz Patrollers reports that Cummins indeed be providing
> their next generation ISB for the truck. The Buzz is that
>the
> new Mercedes Benz turbo diesel will be available as an
> option in 2004.
>
> While an updated version of the NV5600 manual
> transmission will be used, I've been getting conflicting
> reports on which automatic will be used. There's been
>Buzz
> that Cummins will supply an automatic as a package with
> the ISB. I've also heard that Dodge is working on a new
> transmission, called the 48RE, which will be built at
> Kokomo. It's possible that the Cummins trans. will be
>used
> with the ISB and the 48RE will be for use with the V10
>and
> [...]

David Digney
00'QC,SLT+,3.9 Magnum V6,42RE,3.55,K&N "Home-Brew" Intake
Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30.
Truck known as "Green Thunder"
President-Wisconsin Chapter of the DML
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
"My Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Kicks Ass...MAGNUM POWER!!"