Re: Tonneau Cover Question

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 12:44:34 EST

Mike, I have an Extang Black Max (with snaps) soft tonneau. So far I really
like it, it has been on since last fall. I recently done a mpg test and it
contributed nearly 3 mpg at 70 mph interstate drive! If you weren't on the
list for those posts let me know and I can send them to you off list...

It is somewhat difficult to put on when it is cold, but it doesn't "flap" at
any speed that I've driven. I like the utility of it, and can take it off
to wash the truck or haul a large load. I cannot compare it to the snapless
kind since I've not had one.

I have a Speedliner spray-in, over the rail, colored the same as the truck.
I really like it and would definitely do it again. Do some shopping around
for your accessories. I paid $250 for the bedliner (dealer wanted $450) and
just under $200 for the tonneau delivered - a local shop wanted $260 for it.
Cal