New Quad Cab on the way!

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 12:32:32 EST

Well, Norah and I went ahead and ordered a new 2001 Quad Cab 4x4. As
long as we were ordering, we went ahead and put almost every technological
gizmo known to science on the thing. It's easier to list what we didn't
get. No leather, no power seat, no large mirrors (we already have two
sets of mirrors and we'll turn in the smaller set), no sliding rear
window or rear window defroster.

Full time four wheel drive? You betcha.
And the full power overhead console group, ABS, security system, etc.

We're pretty excited. I've been trying to memorize the brochure. Other
than the stupid electric switch for the transfer case, I *like* the new
interior. I know it was pretty controversial when it came out, but I'm
getting used to it. I think the new console looks pretty cool, and I
like the improved cup holders. (Homer Simpson moment... yes, we got the
truck for the cup holders :-)

I've never had a vehicle with power windows before, and it's going to take
me probably a year or two to get used to the fact that I have to roll the
window up *before* turning the key off. Oh well.

Color? Black. If you need to ask, you don't know us very well :-).
(This will be Norah's third black Dakota.)

Oh, and in case you're wondering which engine we got, I did make one
practical decision and went with the 4.7. I'm sure it'll be more than
sufficient for our needs.

So now all we have to do is wait for it to be built and delivered. And
pull our accessories off the '98 before we turn it in for the end of the
lease. No sense in giving our upgrades to Chrysler for free. Anyone
wanna buy a class III hitch, set of (slightly dented) skid plates, or soft
tonneau cover?

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black
soon: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black