4.7L auto tranny

From: Stephen Dampier (guldam@sirius.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 22:40:03 EST

I have to say that I'm getting real concerned about this tranny issue. In
addition to the occasional surge and grinding my Dakota also will not
hold still on a hill while in drive. Doesn't matter if it's a slight or
steep hill. If I take my foot off the brake it will coast backwards. My
66 Chrysler (before I broke the cam) would hold at all but the steepest
hills.

Steveoh