Re: New Quad Cab on the way!

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 21:04:09 EST

In article <451-3A9F23F2-1@storefull-297.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
OLZNUT@webtv.net wrote:

> Cup holders fit 44oz Super Big Gulps nicely, (I got the split bench
> on mine) and they adjust for smaller sizes (my '97s split bench seat cup
> holders were a joke)!!

Ah, we got the bucket seats on the quad (same as on the '98). According to
the brochure, the center console has a light in it, as well as a power
outlet for charging your cell phone. Sounds pretty cool to me.

> I think you'll find the 4.7 choice more than just "adequate". Last
> trip I took, I got 19mpg going to San Diego. My Durango buddy who had a
> 5.9 said "I got 14 on the trip down, woo hoo!!" which was my coming home
> mpg (14) which included alot of 4-lo rock, ruts, mud, and hill crawling
> action, lol!!

Interesting... all the specs I've seen say that the 4.7 only gets about 1
mpg better than the 360, but your experience agrees with the impression I
got from looking through some of the DML archives: the real world
difference is closer to 5 mpg. With the price of gas up here around 70
cents per liter, the extra economy will be nice.

Jason