Re: New Quad Cab on the way!

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 21:17:12 EST

In article <3A9F1C3C.DED00118@bigfoot.com>, andylevy@bigfoot.com wrote:

> Terrific Jason! You're bringing it to Jon's, yes?

Haven't figured that out yet, actually. The new truck won't be doing
any real off-roading (that's my story and I'm sticking to it :-) At
least not for a while, we'd like to keep it in good condition as long as
possible. Besides, I wanted to take my '95 on the trails to see if I can get
some calendar-worthy pictures of it.

We might be bringing both down. Just gotta figure out the logistics.

> Did you get a stick
> or auto (that's the one thing you didn't mention).

You didn't read the update to my sig line, did you? :-)

Norah is an automatic driver. I can drive either, but after four years
of rowing gears in rush hour traffic, the manual is getting kind of
tiring. But I do prefer to have the extra control off-road, so we'll
stick with one of each.

> I'm sure the 3 of you will be very happy together.

LOL... that's four (don't forget about the '95).

> I'll take those plates off your hands if they'll fit my '99, how much do
> you want for them, and when/how will we do it? I imagine shipping will
> be a bit much :)

AFAIK, they'll fit without any problem. I'm not sure how much to charge
for them. I think we paid about $250 CDN for all three, but that was
before we put a dent in the xfer case plate. It still fits on the truck, but I
can't say it's in new condition. We can check out the situation at Jon's
BBQ, make sure they'll mount up, let you get a look at them in person
before you decide, etc.

> What about the tow hooks? Or did those come on the
> truck when you got it?

We're going to keep them and see if they'll fit the '01. Even without
off-roading, I want to have them in case we need to pull any stranded
motorists out of ditches in winter, for example.

Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black
soon: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black