Re: calibrating speedo on 2001 Dak

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 13:03:09 EST

The PCM has all factory available tire sizes pre-programmed into it. A
dealer can only change the tire size to one of these - their tool simply
tells the PCM which number to use. A non-factory size can't be used unless
you get a custom flash OR you recalibrate the sensor.

I would be very, very wary of making any change to the sensor and/pr the
signal it sends to the PCM, as this sensor is also used by your ABS
system. I also wonder how they can have "one size fits all" with such a
device. Possible I'm sure, but it may be a compromise.