Re: Re: Quick D TB!

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 10:55:02 EST

I've got stuff sprinkled in here...

"Robert D. Smith" wrote:

> Thanx, Bernd.
>
> --snip--Reset the PCM after you install the TB. --snip--
>
> Tony's instructions say to remove the negative battery terminal to reset the
> PCM. I know that you guys have talked about draining the memory via the
> ignition key. Are the results the same, either way, or is it a combination
> of both?

***Combo. Remove the negative terminal, then turn the ignition to ON
for 15 seconds.

> --snip--Drive it like you normally drove your truck but expect a few
> "hiccups" from
> the PCM while it learns the new part. 50 miles is the average for a initial
> learn and about 200 miles for a long term.--snip--
>
> Ok. Now tell me what the Floogerville definition of a "hiccup" is! LOL!
> Also, is .040" the correct gap for the 3923s in this application or will
> setting them at .045" like the 3924s help with the MPG?
> Looks like Ma Nature will be nice to me (fingers crossed!!!), so I figure
> I'll attack it this afternoon, after my girls get done with their African
> Handball Game.

***It'll act weird for a while. Seem a little slow, bogged down, not
its old self. I took a 45-mile cruise after I installed mine and on
that trip, the truck wasn't quite itself, but the next morning when I
went to work, it was golden.

***3923s should be gapped at .040 for the stock ignition.