Re: Re: Quick D TB! - Attn: Ron

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 17:56:30 EST

> Hmmm...someone just bought one not too long ago. Hey Kyle, didn't you buy
> new IAC, or at least got the cost for one.

Well I assume we are talking about the same part, the sensor on the
backside/firewall side of the throttle body, right? If so, Dodge refers to
these are AIS motors on my GenII Dakota. AIS being the automatic ilde
sensor, I am sure it is the same part, just called something different. I
tried to find this part at an parts store, and nobody carried it. They carry
everything else, just not the AIS. The AIS ran me $50 from the dealer. I
typically have just bought a new one every 35,000 miles or so, and cleaned
the prong every now and then in between this mileage. I did recently buy an
02 sensor, which ran me $20 just becuase I was returning a $30 part. Hope
this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6