Re: DML, Trust & a Thought for Discussion : Please Read

From: Al & Jeanna Figols (ALJF@mhonline.net)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 09:00:47 EST

 I sell alot of car parts on ebay and over the net and I also do quite a
bit of buying aswell. From a selling stand point I've had to adapt a
policy of "moneyorder or pay-pal only" for payment and ship only after I
receive the payment. In the beginning I used to ship COD, accept
personal checks and in some cases ship before I receive payment. I
quickly found out that the hand full of dishonest people out ther were
ruining it for the rest of you. I would get refused COD's(which means
I'm in the hole for shipping), bounced checks(I'm out the part and the
bounced check fee) and sometimes No payment at all!! Needless to say I
put an end to it and to be honest with you, I haven't lost any
business. If people want references I tell them to check out my
feedback or I forward them to a few web sites where I'm known. If
that's not good enough, I let them walk away. It's not worth the
aggravation or loss of money to me.
 As for buying on the net....for ebay I won't bid on any item where the
seller has a feedback rating of less than 10 or 2 negatives in 6
months. I've NEVER been burned this way! For other sources, simply do
your homework by asking for references. This system has worked quite
well for me for the past 3-4 years.
Al