Re: rattling cat?

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 17:11:35 EST

jim76712@swbell.net writes:

<< Anyone else? If this is true than the cat can be replaced legally?
 The truck is still under warranty unless the dealer says the Mopar headers
which
 weld to the cat could have caused the failure. They have been on the truck
for over
 20k miles and the noise just started. My dealer can not change the cat
because they >>

Jim,
    Yes, the federal emmisions warranty is for 80k miles. When I had the cat
replaced on my Dakota with only 34k on it, my dealer didn't do exhaust work,
so they sent me to an exhaust shop with a po number. I paid nothing. It was
all covered under the emissions warranty. Your dealer should do the same.
The style converter that comes in the Dakota is a high flow "brick" style.
It isn't that crappy little bead filled kind like everyone used to use.

Will

"You better hope there is intelligent life out there somewhere,
 Cause I think we got cheated down here on Earth!"