Re: Good O2 Sensor Installation/Info Link

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 17:57:50 EST

ABeerCan@aol.com wrote:

> Kyle, the Nieoff sensors that I have on the Dakado are the wide band style
> used by dynos, etc... They are top of the line, but they cost a pretty
> penny. I think I paid ~$170 each for mine.

Interesting. I knew the actual sensors themselves weren't too expensive but the
meters and other handheld or dashmounted devices to read from them are usually
up there around $6-800 and in some cases over $2000. I understand that the
reason for this is due partly to things like built-in free air calibration,
self-cleaning, and probably others...

You may have answered this before but what kind of computer are you running to
control fuel, spark, and nitrous delivery? Stock+?, MP+?, or aftermarket stuff
(FP SEFI8LO?, Accel/DFI?, etc...) Not that I'm asking you to post all your
secrets or anything 8) Have you seen that PC-based (venom-performance)
progressive fuel/N2O controller that the ricers are using? Pretty cool indeed
(even tho I don't care for power adders). That Superchips ICON that Bernd has
been playing with sounds pretty cool too as an add-on to a stock or MP computer.

Bernd, you mentioned that the ICON has a four wire hookup (pwr, gnd, coil neg,
pcm). I can understand the coil neg for retarding the timing but which PCM
connection is it tapping into (reading/modifying that signal like the dude w/the
PLC wants to do - kinda proves that will work huh?) for ADVANCING the timing?
(crankshaft position or camshaft position perhaps?)

Thanks,

Shane

ps - I am using a used '96 MP PCM that I bought off ebay. My motor loves the
extra timing but I'm still not sure where my problem is. Looks like my TPS
might be going bad in addition to a potential harness/PCM issue. I have a stock
one (computer) that I can use to debug that problem but I just can't bring
myself to put it on 8).

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/AccelCoil/MPComp/HookerSuperComps/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"