Re: 4.7l of Dissapointment..Soapbox Statement/DAKOTA PROUD!

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 10:21:03 EST

I have to agree with David on this one. I'm going to
be 46 soon and looking back and seeing all the carage
people do to themselves and others does make you
grateful for being healthy, educated and having some
money in your pocket.

Our trucks are fun, but learn from other's mistakes
accidents do happen. You know that you can kill,
become crippled for life and/or do the same to others
- saying I'm sorry or I didn't know doesn't cut it any
more - you do. Add drinking and driving, or hurting
the envoriment while off roading here also.

I've seen people kill themselves or not reach their
potential through drugs & alcohol. I've seen that by
getting a good education you can see the world.

I know the feeling of having "screw you" money in the
bank so that I don't have to work.

The point of this is not to brag. The message is that
looking back from my age you realize all the bad that
can happen and that the precious things in life are
sometimes lost in the blink of an eye and somethimes
for stupid reasons.

If I were to do somethings differntly it would be to
laugh and love a little more - neither of which
require speed.

--- "David D." <dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Look guys,i know we all love our Dakota's in one way
> or another,but to be
> racing somebody is one thing,but at 108 mph??..GET
> REAL!!
>
> Do any of you people realize how fragile our lives
> are?.In the last 6
> months,i have lost 9 friends.3 to health related
> problems,and 6 to "behind
> the wheel" incidents.I am 44 yrs old(will be 45 this
> Saturday).
>
> You can all do what you want,but i dont want to see
> multiple postings,of the
> day a "fellow DML'r" buys the farm,while racing a
> guy,or trying to spank
> someone...not sure i can handle it.

=====
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport V-6 Automatic Sports Plus Package
31X10.5 tires Limited Slip 3.55 Trailer Tow Group
HD Package Skid Plates Added:Airaid air filter,Flowmaster 3 chamber,
Steel Horse Torneau cover, Autolite Double Platinum 3923 Plugs,
Removed air horns from Throttle Boddy, added new TB bolts,
Cool Tape around air filter and A/C tubes-Smyrna, Georgia