Re: 4.7l of Dissapointment..Soapbox Statement/DAKOTA PROUD!

From: David D. (dodgedakotaquadcab@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 07:29:13 EST

Look guys,i know we all love our Dakota's in one way or another,but to be
racing somebody is one thing,but at 108 mph??..GET REAL!!

Do any of you people realize how fragile our lives are?.In the last 6
months,i have lost 9 friends.3 to health related problems,and 6 to "behind
the wheel" incidents.I am 44 yrs old(will be 45 this Saturday).

You can all do what you want,but i dont want to see multiple postings,of the
day a "fellow DML'r" buys the farm,while racing a guy,or trying to spank
someone...not sure i can handle it.

And all these modifications & the cost?? YIKES!

I am so proud of owning my 2000 Dakota Quad Cab,you just have no idea.I wash
my "baby" 3 times a week,and every 2 days,i use "Meguiars Mist" to keep it
looking "just washed".I recently added some pinstriping too.I even cant
drive in another city with a dirty Dak..so i wash it.I drive on the
Interstate and i get looks,long looks from other Dakota owners,especially
97+ owners.And as for Quad Cab owners,well...they pass me going the other
way,we look at each others Dak's.And if i pass or am passed by another Quad
Cab,usually the other guy waves at me(i do the same)..

I'm sorry if i dont agree with all this driving fast stuff.It's just not
me.I have reached 75 on my Dakota,and thats enough for me.

But somehow,i'm bettin' that even Bernd,Crit,Ron,& Bill will agree
with me.And it isnt just because i have a V6.

It's all about life.
>From: Chris Lambert <mopar88@efortress.com>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: 4.7l of Dissapointment
>Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 22:14:30 -0500
>
>OK guys I was a little disappointed with the 4.7 today. While racing a guy
>in a neon R/T (I still beat him) I was on the highway in 4th going
>uphill. It would not accelerate past 108mph. It was floored, just ran out
>of steam. Well in 5th it started to accelerate again but still you
>know... Any ideas? Although after this I needed to do a burnout, went to
>a favorite place of mine and continued to roast them up... Started in first
>and got on the brake... nice... then decided to try and shift to second...
>well it went about 30' but then it started to really roast in second with
>me on the brake to hold it in one place... really, really rough pavement
>too... but I am still disappointed... I am going to look into this a little
>more later in the week once all this snow is off the roads... also after I
>clean my K&N...
>
>Chris

David Digney
00'QC,SLT+,3.9 Magnum V6,42RE,3.55,K&N "Home-Brew" Intake
Dynomax Super Turbo,Mobil 1 10w30.
Truck known as "Green Thunder"
President-Wisconsin Chapter of the DML
List Moderator: "DodgeDakotaQuadCab@egroups.com"
"My Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Kicks Ass...MAGNUM POWER!!"