Update on Superchips ICON Controller

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 11:22:38 EST

I actually had a chance to mess around with the timing curve over the weekend
and i'm actually now impressed with the box. I purposely advanced the timing
curve too much just to see if it would "ping" (proving that the box actually
works in process). Yup...it did. I backed it off to excessivly retard the
timing and the truck had (literally) no power. Yup...it definitely works.

How I did it was that I advanced the timing 10 degrees and then retarded it 10
degrees on a specific RPM band: 2000-3000rpm. (So I could tell exactly if it
was working.)

This little timing controller is actually worth the money in my opinion.

I'm still tweaking my timing curve for best performance so it may take a few
more days to get it "dialed in".

- Bernd