Holley Stuff N the DACUDA

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 00:18:28 EST

Hey guys. Just a short update. As a favor to some friends, we tried to
install the new Holley Annilhator ignition system and mongo coil. Items
looked sweet but did not work. While we were trying to figure out if we
wired it wrong (very bad directions!) we also ended up toasting Mr.
Computer. End of it all? Boxed up the Holley stuff and will send it
back with a bill for a new PCM. The Holley spark plug wires are 9mm,
black with red sleeving and huge!! They should fit no problems.

On another note. Did get the new Holley Fuel rails and TB also. TB
directions were good, but picts were very bad copies. They emailed me
the pictures. Very easy install.
The fuel rails are a different story. I have them laid out on the
workbench and it will take a bit of modifications to get them to work.
They just put them on an intake manifold, lined up the injectors and say
it will work. Never did them on a truck i guess!. I will let you know
how that goes.

Lastly, I am also going to play with a Holley fuel pump replacement for
the tank that flows 67gph to handle our SC needs in the future. This
shuld prove interesting of an install. Still waiting for the part.

Lesson here - Holley stuff may look sweet, but don't go for it because
of the name only. They need to work out some bugs first. Stick with
the MSD 6AL or MSD Digital 6+ ignition systems.

The DACUDA is now officially under construction again. Bernd stay in
Texas!!! Part of you stayed out here adn the rest blew up your SC!
Jim
DACUDA