RE: Anyone bracket racing a Dak??

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 11:23:22 EST

I've bracket raced my Dakota...

I run in the "no electronics" class, also known as "Foot braking" class...
you are not allowed to use any electronic aids, such as line lock, trans
brake, delay box, throttle stop, shift noid, etc.

When you make your qualifying runs, you try to be as consistent as possible,
and try to get good reaction times...

after your qualifying runs, you must determine your "dial-in" time... it's
your prediction of what you will run in the 1/4 mile(or 1/8 mile)...

For example, on qualifying runs, you run a 15.54 and a 15.47... depending on
how you think that truck is going to do the rest of the day, you decide on a
time close to both of them.. I'd probably "Dial-in" at 15.45... especially
in the late afternoon, cause it's going to get cooler...

Just to let you know, you can change your dial-in after each run(if I
remember correctly), just in case you feel that the truck is going to run
faster or slower....

Oh, and you can bracket race anything.... I've seen, full out Altered
dragsters, Dodge Spirit 4-doors, Mustangs, trucks, etc.

I once bracket raced my Honda Accord!!!

Hope this helps... Hope I didn't forget anything important!!!

Later,
Tom "Slick"