4.7L Oil Change Freakout

From: Stephen Cecil (scecil@npc.net)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 14:43:43 EST

I took my Dak to get the oil changed during lunch today. When they removed the
oil filler cap, they found what appears to be condensation on the inside of the
cap (looks like baby sh*t brown paste). The oil on the dipstick is not foamy.
I've got just over 8K miles on the truck.

The last time I saw this sort of thing was when my 66 Chevelle's block cracked!

Should I see the dealer about this or is this a known problem (TSB?) ?

Am I just a worry-wart? ;)

Thanx,
Steve
00 CC Sport+ 4.7L Auto 3.55 LSD