Transgo shift kit instal, now problems

From: frank golembieski (editzero@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 21:16:12 EST

Austin here is what you have to do . I had this
problem in my dakota and just pulled the parking rod
out ( took off the c clip and removed it with no ill
efects) but if you want to do it right you will need 2
people . One you you will need a long screwdriver to
reach in to the tranny and move the parking sprog to
the right side wile the other person will grab the
drive shaft and turn it so it holds the parking sprog
to the side wile the other person puts the valve body
in place . You will have to move the shift mech on the
valve body so that the parking rod is all the way to
the rear to the truck and give it a good push in . If
you don't belive me go to your local tranny shop and
tell them what is going on and they will give you the
advise you will need to get the job done . and should
have bought a MP but what can i do ?

=====
Frank G
http://members.onecenter.com/autoworld/dakota/index.html