Re: Re: CO2 tanks....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 00:05:25 EST

> My buddies father is doing the Squirrel Creek thing. I just needed some
web
> space!!
> Anyway, the dimensions for the 10 lb are height 21" and about 8" diameter.
they
> weight about 25 lb empty.
> The 2 gauges are tank pressure(usually about 600 to 700psi) and the other
is
> line presure(0-120).
> The 20 lb tanks are 28 " height, and 9" in diameter. They weight about 30
lb
> empty.
> All tanks are Steel. I can get Aluminum, but they only weigh a little less
than
> the steel.
>
> As for a group buy, I'm sure I can work something out. Depends on how many
are
> interested. 2 or 3??

Do you live anywhere in the NW Indiana area? Anyways, onto business :)
On average, what would it cost to have a 10lb tank filled up? From what I
have read online, it appear to be around the $10 range. I assume any welding
shop should be able to fill the tank, correct? Are there any safety
relief/blowout valve(s) on the tank incase pressure somehow becomes too high
within the tank? Could I/you add them fairly easily if wanted? I have also
read online that if a 'top of the line' regulator and fittings arent used,
the tank will actually freeze up these parts and thus 'lock' up the bottle;
any experience with this Tom? I mean for the price, it is extremely tempting
compared to $299 for the 'other one'. Pricewise.....what can you do for use
if we can get say atleast 5 DMLers interested????? Cause I am rather
interested!!! Just in time for the Spring 4wheelin season!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6