RE: V6 vacuum leak

From: Davidson, Kevin (ked@iti-oh.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 09:00:45 EST

A couple days ago, I found an open vacuum leak on my intake
manifold (rubber stopper had fallen off an inlet on the manifold).
I replaced the rubber stopper, and now my rough idle/stall condition
is back again. This morning, the thing stalled on me, and when I
started it back up again, I got the check engine light. When I got
to work, I did the on-off-on-off-on thing, and the only code stored
was a 12.

Anybody have any hints on what's happening here? Does the 12 indicate
an electrical problem - bad power supply to the pcm? ground perhaps?
I've seen the code 12 quite often before, similar to GM's code 14 if
memory serves correctly, and I never thought it was anything to be
concerned about.

(I plan to clean my TB when my parts house gets a gasket in stock.)

As always, any input is appreciated.

thanks
kevin d.
97 cc V6 5sp