Re: AC compressor kicking on and off

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 11:05:08 EST

Yes, it is normal on your truck. The far left fan speed selector is actually
"low" and not off. If you want to turn things off, use the lower knob. The
"foot and dash vent" selector is actually the air conditioning! Weird but
true. The first 3 positions (excluding OFF) on the center knob are all A/C but
only the first 2 are labeled as such. 'Twas a source of much confusion on the
DOC for a while until finally it was figured out and then confirmed.

For '01 they changed things around I think so that you have to press a button
to turn on the A/C.