Re: AC compressor kicking on and off

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 14:54:59 EST

Yes, the 01's have a separate button (with a snowflake) to push to engage
the A/C. I believe the A/C also comes on when you are using the defroster.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA

Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote in article <3AA50AB4.5869B65D@bigfoot.com>... > Yes, it is normal on your truck. The far left fan speed selector is actually > "low" and not off. If you want to turn things off, use the lower knob. The > "foot and dash vent" selector is actually the air conditioning! Weird but > true. The first 3 positions (excluding OFF) on the center knob are all A/C but > only the first 2 are labeled as such. 'Twas a source of much confusion on the > DOC for a while until finally it was figured out and then confirmed. > > For '01 they changed things around I think so that you have to press a button > to turn on the A/C. > > Kenneth Eng wrote: > > > Has anyone noticed if their AC compressor is constantly kicking on and off? > > While checking the idle on my 98 V6 over the weekend I noticed that the > > clutch on the AC compressor would lock up about every 10 seconds and then > > disengage after 5 seconds. This occurs with the fan speed selector (top > > knob) in the far left position (I assume off), the vent selector (middle > > knob) in the dash and foot position, and the heat selector (lower knob) in > > the highest heat setting. This would also occur with the vent selector > > (middle knob) in the off position. Is this normal? I wouldn't assume so. > > Thanks. > > > > Ken > >