Suppliers in Ont. WAS: Re: Performance World, Toronto, Ont.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 10:59:52 EST

At 09:51 AM 3/6/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi there BOB, I know this is a little off subject , but I noticed that
>you are from Burlington and I get the feeling that you have a great
>deal of knowledge with regards to the Dakota. I am from Scarborough
>and own a 98Dakota 5.2L CC SLT. with 55K miles on it and I wanted
>to change the cap and rotor. Judging from the traffic on the DML news
>group its advisable to install cap and rotor with brass contacts. My problem
>is that I have been unable to find any for my year. I am being told that they
>are not available yet etc. etc. Can you offer any suggestions as to where
>they may be available without going south. I also changed to synthetic oil
>(Mobil 1) and went looking for Mobil filters, again only one supplier who
>lives
>in Scugog. A local supplier would be real nice. Any comments.
>As usual all input is much appreciated .

Hi, Leonard

There are two places that I kind of have at the top of my list; Performance
Improvements and Parts Sources. I know Performance Improvements has
a store in Scarborough (on McCowan and just south of 401). I think (not sure)
there's a Part Sources in the area as well (around McCowan on Sheppard).
If you're not familiar with Part Sources, they are loosely linked to Canadian
Tire but can order in parts not in inventory directly from U.S. manufacturers.
Both tend to be a bit pricey, with Part Sources a little better on some items.

The third place would be a UAP/NAPA store but I don't know whether
if there's a store in Scarborough. I got my brass cap and rotor from the
one in Burlington (Euchlin manufacturer - spelling?).

That McCowan area seems to be the street center of Toronto ( a lot of
small speed shops whose owners are into the import racing and street
scene ... more popular than the one in LA, I've read) so you could also
try them. As a matter of fact, the chasis dyno. shop that I finally found
is in that area.

Hope this helps.

BTW, Jason & Norah Bleazard are out in Scarborough. Maybe we can all
get together at some time.

Good luck.
Bob