Re: AC compressor kicking on and off

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 13:05:28 EST

When I said the "lower" knob I meant lower than the fan speed selection - the
vent control.

In the A/C positions with the heat on full blast all it does is direct most of
the air though the heater core, rather than bypassing it (cool). The A/C dries
the air out, so you want it in the cold weather to prevent fogging. The
defroster uses the A/C for this exact purpose.