Spark Plug Test...again

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 21:37:30 EST

Ok...I decided to run the NGK V-Power again (FR5-1) and I just changed them.
Almost all of them have the "V" tips either melted or pitted pretty bad
(about 1000 miles on them). That's the stock replacement (and stock heat
range) for the Autolite #5224 (or OEM plugs). MSD is the culprit on the
tips being worn like that. BUT, truck was misfiring at idle every now and
then.

I replaced them with something different: AC Delco #FR2LS. These are the
direct crossover to the Autolite #3923's. I had a spare 3923 so I compared
them, measured them, and yup...they're the same dimension wise.

Took the truck for a quick run down the road, pulled them (flash plug
reading for those who don't know about this) and all the cylinders are
running perfectly. (No rich conditions on the plugs...black stuff.)

I'll run with these for a while...i'll let ya know how they turn out.

- Bernd