RE: Re: Spark Plug Test...again

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 23:01:08 EST

I rekon this is a good time to chime in.... just swapped plugs for the 1st
time since the cam install... 3923's have 1k miles on them, gap erosion at
.010", and I'm speculating I could run 1, maybe even 2 ranges colder...
ordering a set of 3922's tommorrow, and gonna try to find some 3921's :)

______________________
Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
   www.fast4x4.net
   jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
->
-> Ok...I decided to run the NGK V-Power again (FR5-1) and I just changed
-them.
-> Almost all of them have the "V" tips either melted or pitted pretty bad
-> (about 1000 miles on them). That's the stock replacement (and stock heat
-> range) for the Autolite #5224 (or OEM plugs). MSD is the culprit on the
-> tips being worn like that. BUT, truck was misfiring at idle
-every now and
-> then.
->
-> I replaced them with something different: AC Delco #FR2LS. These are the
-> direct crossover to the Autolite #3923's. I had a spare 3923 so I
-compared
-> them, measured them, and yup...they're the same dimension wise.
->
-> Took the truck for a quick run down the road, pulled them (flash plug
-> reading for those who don't know about this) and all the cylinders are
-> running perfectly. (No rich conditions on the plugs...black stuff.)
->
-> I'll run with these for a while...i'll let ya know how they turn out.
->
-> - Bernd
->
->