Re: Re: DML, Trust & a Thought for Discussion : Please Read

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 11:08:40 EST

At 09:35 PM 3/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
> <SNIP> The
> only opinion
>I have about those "surveys" on customer satisfaction, is that you will
>ALWAYS have some customers who are happy and some who are not & the norm is
>that If you've had a good experience with someone - you tend to tell a few
>people (2-5) & if you have a bad experience with someone you generally tell
>several people (10-20) Its just human nature to complain. Therefore, fewer
>bad experiences can still outweigh many good experiences.
>If the surveys are used to provide feedback, I think only the results of
>that survey would be the best way to express the attitude of the customers.
>Not each post of someone either bashing or praising the service. That way
>the general appeal, (or lack thereof) is expressed as a percentage that
>reflects the feedback, eliminating the bashing, & negativity that tends to
>scare people off & also shows the good feedback that was received as well.

I was thinking of a set-up more along the along the lines of the DML Event
or Profile pages.

The example that came to mind was the one that I saw on this site:

http://dirtroad.com/sym.htm

Personally, I would like to see some or all of the fields be required fields
before submission is accepted. In this way, some of the concerns mentioned
above so that DML members can have as an objective description of a real,
personal experience with the product/service as possible. The onus, as it
always should be, is on the reader to decide how much and what kind of
weight to place on the submitted information.

I copied this example at random from the above site and it is only
used as an example ... nothing personal.