Re: Darned Maint Reqd Light

From: Scott Drega (sdrega@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 12:50:06 EST

Tom,

My understanding is there is no reset button. I had
the same issue on my 89 Shelby Dakota about a year
ago. I ultimately went to my dealer and they told me
a DRB tool would have to be used to deactivate the
light and they could do that for $40. Now I believe
the Haynes manual indicates the light may be triggered
even though nothing is wrong with the truck - recheck
your Haynes manual, that is what I used as well.
After reading the Haynes manual, I decided rather than
waste $40 I just pulled the gauge cluster apart and
pulled the maint reqd bulb. I have not had any
problems since, and I just had my emissions test on
Monday and passed with flying colors. Hope this
helps.

Scott
89 Shelby Dakota #894 (For Sale)
Pics @