Re: volt meter

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 19:36:19 EST

If the gauge is correct, you will quickly destroy the battery and possible any
electronic components like radio amps ecm. Get or borrow a digital voltmeter
from someone and verify the reading by touching its leads to the battery with
the engine running. It the voltage is over 15 volts get it fixed quickly! I am
not sure where the voltage regulator is on Daks. Maybe inside the alternator
but maybe inside the ecm.
I repeat do not continue to drive the truck if the voltage is that high.