Re: v6 up and down idle

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 20:08:29 EST

Chad,as a fellow V6 owner (99),I can definitely tell
you that I don`t know if it`s supposed to do that or
not.Mine has always had the fluctuating idle,and it
will occasionally die out when I come to a stop and
put it in park.Now,when I go cash my check at the
bank,I leave her in drive with my foot on the
brake.This is something that I also do at Taco
Bell(tm)and Burger King(tm)drive-thrus.If I put it in
park,the idle goes up a few hundred,then drops way
down,sometimes to the point of
stalling.(Embarrasing).If it doesn`t stall,it shoots
back up and stabilizes itself.Must have a wild cam
with six degrees of separation. Steve P.