RE: v6 up and down idle

From: Jared Kaplan (blizzard@gis.net)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 14:52:40 EST

Hi.. I have a 94 Dakota (V6 3.9L) and I have the same thing happening, so
you're not the only one. Are you in a cold climate? Mine idles around 700
usually and when it's cold, and the engine has not warmed up yet it will
rev to 1000 for less than a second, every 5-10 seconds maybe. I didn't
really think of it much as a problem rather maybe the computer trying to
warm the engine up a little faster. This only happens when I am in park.

Jared
1994 Dodge Dakota Sport, 3.9L V6, Auto, K&N air filter, Mobil 1