Oil Leak... Revisited (a tad bit long)

From: Miles Harris (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 14:55:50 EST

As some of you may remember, last week I took my truck to the dealer
because I had an oil leak. They determined I had two leaks and replaced the
head gasket and the oil pan gasket. I picked the car up last Thursday and
on the drive home I could smell oil burning. After checking I determined I
still had a leak. I was assuming it was the rear seal since the other two
items that I assumed could be leaking had been replaced.

Took the Dak back on Tuesday and found out yesterday there mechanic had the
strength of a 500 lb. gorilla (same guy who puts in oil filters I guess)
and had over-tighten the oil pan gasket. They would have the new gasket by
today and I should have the truck by this afternoon.

I just got a call from the dealer and it seems they still have a leak (now
coming out faster than before) and they are going to pull the tranny and
check the rear galley plugs. I would assume at this point they could tell
if it was the rear seal also.

At this point I've been very patient with "Dependable Dodge". They are
trying and I understand pinpointing leaks can sometime be a problem,
however, my patience's is wearing thin.

If they can't get the problem resolved by tomorrow, the nice guy facade is
going to come down.

--
Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA