RE: Mopar PCM milage

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2001 - 19:30:31 EST

-Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 22:09:41 -0500
-From: "Jon Smith" <jon@fast4x4.net>
-Subject: DML: RE: Mopar PCM milage

-Chris, w/ the 318/auto combo do you have the 8.25" axle? if so, what's

the
-PN for that chrome diff cover?

-______________________
-Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
- www.fast4x4.net
- jon@fast4x4.net
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Yes, it's for the 8.25. Part# P3690753 for the cover and # P4452787 for
a set of 12 chrome bolts (only 10 needed), you can always re-use the
old bolts. The cover was $36.49 and the bolts were $17.65, through a
local dealer. I wish I had the 9.25, Mag-Hytec makes a sweet cover with
a magnetic dipstick/filler and a magnetic drain plug, makes for an easy
fluid change, and it doubles the capacity. Only drawback is the price,
$240, but it'd be the last one you bought, and once it was on it
wouldn't have to come off again. I actually bought one, gathered up my
tools and some new gear lube, then rolled under my truck and realized I
didn't have a 9.25 rear end. Doh!! Supposedly an 8.25 Mag cover will be
available around the end of the year.

Chris